VW Camper Van Hire Rates
So you’ve already fallen for Lulu’s charms! The fab fact is, our VW Camper van hire rates are suitably slim and great value. They include lots of extras FREE, including WiFi, SatNav, cycle rack and outdoor chairs.
What’s included when you hire a camper van with us?
- Fully comprehensive insurance for the first named driver
- Unlimited mileage (in the UK)
- AA roadside recovery
- Sat Nav
- Free WiFi (subject to 3G coverage)
- Set of outdoor chairs
- Mains hook-up lead and domestic power sockets
- Board games and selection of children’s books
- Fresh bedding (covered duvet, pillows and sheets)
- Cooking utensils and crockery for four people – see the inventory
- Free parking for your car with CCTV surveillance
What’s not included in our VW camper van hire rates (but only costs a little extra)?
- Welcome hamper for first night and following morning – £25
- Drive-away awning – £30 / hire
- Porta Potti toilet – £30 / hire
- Cycle rack for up-to four bikes – £25 / hire
- Fully comprehensive insurance for second named driver – Quote on request
Our Volkswagen Camper Van hire rates
|per night||per night (4+ nights)||per night (7+ nights)|
Bank holiday weekends, Easter, Christmas and New Year dates are all charged at peak season rates.
You’re almost ready to book, but first…
- Our insurance cover is for the UK mainland only, but that’s still a lot of groovy places to go!
- If you’d like to ask any questions, please email or phone us.
How to hire a campervan with Rentacamper.co.uk
- You can hire Lulu for a fortnight, one week, a short break (three or four nights), a weekend or a day, subject to availability.
- Please note that in July and August we normally only take full week bookings. But if you want a short break or weekend hire during these months, please phone us and we’ll see what we can do.
- You (and any other named driver) must be between 25 and 70 to hire Lulu, and you’ll need to have held a full driving licence for at least a year before your hire commences. If you have any points on your licence, please phone us first as we may have to make special arrangements with our insurers.
- Pick up time is from 3pm and return time by 11am. You’ll be picking up and returning at Lulu’s home in North Wiltshire, close to J16 M4.
- Use the calendar to choose when you want to go and check availability. It will show you if Lulu’s available or already spoken for (she’s such a popular girl).
- Once you’ve decided your dates, you can phone us to book or use the online booking form.
- If you’re booking online, you’ll need to pay your non-refundable £150 deposit at the same time, via our secure payment site. If you’re booking by phone, we’ll take your credit or debit card details for the deposit. Your deposit confirms your booking. We’ll need your deposit at least six weeks before your hire starts, and the balance 21 days before your hire starts. If you’re booking Lulu less than six weeks before your hire starts, we’ll need to take the full amount when you book. Please note, all payments must be made by credit or debit card. We can’t take cash or cheques.
- When you arrive to pick up Lulu at the start of your hire, we’ll take a £750 security deposit (by credit or debit card). When you return Lulu and we’ve checked (with you) that her contents are safe and sound, your deposit will be refunded within 7 days.
- At pick up time, we’ll need to see your documents, which are:
- A valid, full UK driving license (both paper and photo card parts or the pink paper part if you have an older license).
- A recent (with three months) utility bill with the address matching your driving license, to confirm your identity.
Sorry, but if you can’t show us these documents you won’t be able to drive Lulu.
- Allow about an hour’s check-in time while we check your documents, you transfer your luggage to Lulu and we show you her features (woo!). We’ll also explain her controls and what she’s like to drive. Remember though she’s a new van she is based on a retro design, so she’ll take a while to get used to, as you settle down to life in the laid-back lane. There’s no power steering and yes, you do have to wind the windows up and down with those funny little handles! Lulu uses ordinary 95RON unleaded petrol (or bio ethanol where available) and she’s happiest cruising at 50 – 60mph; 55mph is best. There’s no rush – you’re on holiday!
- We’ve chosen our pick up and return times so you can reach Lulu’s North Wiltshire home without too much of an early start. Please make sure you bring her back on time, as we have to charge extra for late returns.
You’ll find all the details in our Terms, which we recommend you read before making your booking.
If you’d like to ask any questions, please email or phone us.