Get some Dub love with our free printable VW campervan toasting template
With Valentine’s Day just round the corner, if you’re planning a romantic campervan weekend, here’s an idea for serving-up a little Dub love for breakfast!
After several revisions and a whole loaf of Warburton’s thick sliced bread, we’ve come-up with these (relatively) simple instructions for making VW campervan branded toast.
- Download our free printable VW camper toast template.
- Fix a sheet of aluminium foil to a chopping board and using tape, lightly stick your toast template to the foil.
- Using a sharp craft knife or Stanley blade, carefully cut out the black sections of the template. It should take about 5 minutes per image.
- Remove the paper template from the foil to reveal your foil toastie template.
- Lightly toast your bread on both sides, then pop the foil template on top & grill to your desired darkness.
- When cutting-out the campervan template, cut round the headlights and central logo section first.
- For nicely defined edges, try to keep the foil template in direct contact with your toast. If there’s a small gap, the edges will blur. For super-defined edges, use a few pins to hold the foil in place!
Disclaimer… These instructions are designed for toasting under a grill. We do not recommend using an electric toaster with aluminum foil!
Oh, and if you miss February 14th, you can always celebrate Welsh Valentine’s Day on
February January 25th next year!
Update, 27 Sept 2013: With the media awash with the sad news that production of the Kombi will cease on 31 December 2013, I’ve now included a water cooled version of the template. So, whether you’re an original split screen fan, or you love the T2 Bay, you can make the perfect toast!